What is Adult & Continuing Education
Windsor Adult Education consists of state-mandated and enrichment programs. Our mandated courses include high school completion, adult basic literacy, English language and citizenship instruction. The program also offers a multitude of enrichement courses including: arts and crafts, computers and business, dance and music, health and fitness, home and garden, languages, money management, personal growth and recreation. Enrichment courses are tuition-based and self-sustaining.
Our mission is to:
- Provide educational programs that will meet the needs and interests of the adult residents of Windsor.
- Create awareness of the programs and encourage participation
- Meet the needs of and cooperate with local groups, agencies, businesses and industries
- Provide flexible program scheduling, responsive to community and individual needs
- Use school facilities to their full potential.
Windsor Adult Education provides mandated educational services to adult residents 17 years of age or older. Mandated courses include high school completion, adult basic education, English language, and American citizenship instruction. These courses are offered during the day at the Board of Education and in the evening at Windsor High School. Mandated program are free of charge. Enrichment courses are tuition-based and self-sustaining.
Windsor Adult Education believes that education is a "Lifelong Process".